Sunday, May 20, 2012

Liam's Birthday

 Liam turned 1. 
 I decided to make his cake totally from scratch.  I have never done this before.  I have always made cookies from scratch and brownies, bread, and meals.  So I thought why not cake.  Well I will tell you why not, it is a lot of work!  The cake tasted good but it tasted a little like a pound cake. 
 Liam was very excited all day.  His brothers and sister kept singing happy birthday to him and he would dance while they sang.  He new something special was going on but he didn't know what I am sure.

 Ali, Shadrach, and Enoch made up a play for him on the trampoline. 
 He loved opening gifts.  Mostly clothes and a bubble machine.
Everyone enjoyed the bubbles. 

Liam is a very sweet little boy.  As of late, he like to cry a lot.  He didn't really start being fussy until around 8 months.  He has been crying a lot ever since.  We still love him though.  I would tell myself he will stop soon, but I told myself that about Enoch 3 years ago and I am still waiting.....
Liam loves to be outside and go on outings- much like Ali did.  I always find I am trying to think of some where to "go" to keep him busy.    He loves pears, peaches, bananas, and green beans.   He does not like milk.  I am constantly trying to get him to drink.  He loves all of his siblings but has a special bond with Shadrach.  He is very adventurous and determined.  He doesn't mind getting a few bruises while he explores his world.  Even though he cries a lot, he loves to laugh.  He always has a chuckle somewhere inside of him. 

3 comments:

  1. Ahh I can't believe Liam is already one! I, too, like matching outfits! The photos of the kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,

    Cute pictures! All your kids are so adorable (and I love matching outfits too). Happy birthday to Liam! I'm sorry he cries a lot . . . that is a hard thing to deal with! I read your comment on facebook today about the Hunger Games, and I seriously thought that same thing as I was reading through the books. Okay enough randomness - Mostly I just love getting a little peek at your family on here (and I especially appreciate your testimony entries, so touching . . . I need to incorporate that into my journal writing more). Anyway, thank you for being you. And sharing it. :)

    PS. I responded to your comment on my blog, if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 year already! Where does the time go? He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete