Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Morning Routine

So this is our 2nd day of summer.... sort of.  I had a lot of fun planning and organizing our summer routine.  So far I am liking it as long as I remember it is a routine and not a schedule. 

As soon as people wake up, they can do whatever they want!  The kids love this.... and I think I do.  It seems wrong to me.  I think you should get all your work done and then play.  But if I make them do chores as soon as they get up, they complain.  Some how they complain less this way. 
 Shad on the IPad
 Ali watching PBS
Enoch playing PBS kids ( I like PBS.... could ya tell)
Then we eat breakfast, get dress, and do chores.  If everyone does all of their chores with out crying or complaining I pay them $0.50.  The $1.50 I pay out every day is worth every penny.  I hate to hear them complain and this stops it.

They have set chores every day like tidy your room, make your bed, wash your face, etc....
And then they have a BIG chore that changes every day.
 Ali cleans one bathroom
 Enoch another
 Shadrach read????? nope... he just got distracted. Typical.
Shadrach vacuums.


Then it is time for "school"  I live for this.  We have a rotation of IXL ( computer math), RAZ ( computer reading), read out loud, journal, and personal study time with mom ( where I can do what ever I want with them. Normally math flash cards, spelling words, and things they need to work on).
 Shad reading out loud to Enoch
 Ali working on spelling words
Enoch "reading" books


What does Liam do during all of this.  During the morning fun time and chores he screams- he likes to scream, and then I put him down for morning nap during school time. 

When he wakes up, then we are off.  Sometime between 10:00 and 10:30.  I try not to care abotu the time.  Pictures of all those adventure to come through out the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment