Thursday, June 14, 2012

Heaven


Have I mentioned lately that I love Gregory? Because I do. Ever since the move he has been extra wonderful. Not that he wasn’t wonderful before- because he was. But he has made an effort to be a better husband, father, and person and I can tell. I think he knows that the move has been hard on me, so he has decided to be Mr. Wonderful.

Like he would come home from work, and “notice” I have had a hard day. ( Him picking up on signs that I have had a hard day is a big accomplishment in and of itself ) and will take all of the children to a park. Or even when I don’t have a bad day, he will come home and play with the children. Or he does the dishes. This is amazing. It makes me so happy that at the end of the day that he would volunteer to do the dishes.

I am often very tired at the end of the day and making dinner and eating makes me even more tired. ( it is hard to feed myself and four little people) Dishes and cleaning up the kitchen is like the last stretch in the marathon race of my day. They fact that he would help me makes me happy.
I think he is genuinely happier at his new job, and he is less stressed at the end of the day. But I also think he is doing it to be nice to me - which makes me happy. 9 years ago today I met Gregory at the IU campus for EFY. It has been a great 9 years. It has also been a lot harder than I ever thought but also more rewarding than I ever thought. I don’t won’t people to think it is all peaches and cream, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love you Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment