Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Camping we will go

 So we went camping.  It is a small miracle.  We haven't been camping since Ali was 9 months old.  Greg says he can't do it because of his back, but he came home from work early wanting to go camping.  I was a little tired myself, but I thought I might not ever get the chance again,so we packed FAST! I let Ali and Shad pack themselves for the first time ever, and I made Greg pack Enoch. And then we hit the road.
 The camp site we randomly picked was awesome! Not to far away and they have a lake you can go swimming in.  We set up the tents and then took everyone for a dip in the lake.  It wasn't Glen Lake up in Michigan, but it made everyone very happy.
 We came back to hot dogs and cheese nips.  Then the kids put wood of the fire for over an hour.  This was very fun for them.  Of coarse, we had to make s'mores.
 Enoch's face after his first bite of S'more. 
 The kids climbed trees
 Chased Raccoons
 Caught Lightning bugs
Played with Flash Lights

I couldn't believe how well it went.  They all stayed up until around 10:00 which is more than 2 hours past their normal bed time.  No melt downs.  Enoch woke up in the middle of the night and moved into our tent and slept with me in my sleeping bag.  I actually slept better after that happened for some reason. 

Our camping neighbors played the worst music I ever heard.  I heard more swearing last night than I have in my whole life.... maybe times two.  They played it sooooo loud and all the way until 3 in the morning.  Some how the kids fell asleep to it like white noise. But other than that great trip!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun and if your weather was like ours here Friday was a perfect night for camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why Greg came home from work early. He said, "This is perfect weather for camping; let's do it." Now me, I like at least a week in advance to plan a camping trip. We packed and bought food in less than 2 hour!

      Delete