Thursday, July 26, 2012

six

Shadrach is now 6 years old.  We just had a family party.  He picked to have icecream cake for his birthday cake--  Which is really awesome because I got a cake for 4 dollars because it was red, white, and blue for the 4th of July.( it was 2 weeks after the fourth of July)  It made me happy.

 Shadrach got a bow and arrows, 2 computer games, 2 movies, Kit Kats, and a bike!
 A bike with no training wheels.  He can ride it by himself but is scared too.  If I run next to him he can do it, but he has no desire to do it without me.  It takes a lot of energy to run next to him too.  Whew.  I get tried just thinking about.
 Shaddy McFaddy.  We started calling him that when he was little and a chunk.  Now he has no fat on his body at all.  But the nick name is still there. 
The bow and arrows were a huge hit.  He practices every day and is actually really good at it.  Shadrach doesn't play with "toys" so I feel like I did a really good job with this buy.  I guess I can't take credit for it.  It was Ali who told me to buy it...... but I still bought it.  Ali knows her brother.  They are 19 months apart and best friends. 

Shadrach is such a joy.  He always concerned for others feelings.  He is the "mother" with our kids.  People often assume Ali is, but no, it is Shad.  He loves little kids and loves to look after them.   He wants to be just like Greg.  So much so that it almost annoys me.  Good thing Greg is a good guy.

Shadrach is also super smart.  I know all parents think this about their kids, but I am telling the truth! There is ALOT going on in that head of his. He is going to do great things.  However, he would prefer to play video games all day long.  He loves to be day dreaming about computers, space, and all things electronic.  I feel like it is my job to teach and show him the great things he can do.  It is very possible he could waste his life away doing nothing or he could change the world.  Such pressure on my shoulders for this boy.  I love him.  Here's to another year.


No comments:

Post a Comment