Saturday, January 17, 2015

Family Night 1/12/15 Dixit at home ( Yes again)

We had hopes in going out to Golden Corral ( our kids favorite place in the world) but the day didn't end up with enough time to do that.  I was just too tired.  So I whipped up a quick dinner, and we had a lesson around the dinner table.  ( not the table in these pictures)
 The lesson was on charity given again by Greg.  We had a lesson on charity at church.  It was a good lesson but I only got to hear 10 min. of it because I was in the mother's lounge with a fussy baby. ( very typical)  I enjoyed Greg's recap of the lesson.  He told the story of Ezra Taft Benson being called to serve a mission and leaving his wife and SEVEN children.  OY!  Remind me not to complain when Greg has to go to church early for meetings, and I have to get all five of mine ready by myself.  
 He read from Moroni chapter 7.

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— 

47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. 
We talked about all the words and what they meant: suffereth long, envieth not, not puffed up, etc...
 Then we went to the great room and sang I am a Child of God with our NEW PIANO!  It has been a small dream of mine to play the piano for our songs for family night, and now it has come true.  Next time I will get pictures of it.
 Brownies for dessert this time.  Enoch was SO happy is was a dessert he liked.
 Then we played Dixit!  This time to 30 points.  Greg and Liam ended up winning
THEN on Tuesday it worked out that we could go to Golden Corral.  There was much rejoicing.  We don't go out to eat often.  It just cost too much money, and it isn't that relaxing for the parents. :)  The kids are always well behaved though and for that I am thankful.  I think all of the kids had 3 desserts with cotton candy, the chocolate fountain, and ice cream being the favorites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment