Saturday, April 16, 2011

Glen Lake 2009

So I am writing this recap of this vacation almost 2 years after the fact. I might not remember everything just right but I wanted to move pictures here because the whole reason why I started this blog was that we keep "loosing" pictures for several reason.


This is Shadrach, Ali, counsin Zoe, and Greg playing in Glen lake in front of the house we rented. We found out later that this water was really infested with "water bugs." Greg was covered with them and Ali, Shad, and Zoe has some too.

Shadrach is on uncle Frank's shoulders after the Empire Bluffs hike. Poor uncle Frank. He was really excited about going on vacation with us because this is where he went as a boy with Greg. BUT he didn't factor in what it was going to be like to be on vacation with 4 children under that age of 4. Ali on the stairs of Empire Bluffs.
Shadrach and I at Empire Bluffs.
Ali and Shadrach have buried themselves in the sand at part of the Scenic Drive.
I am holding Enoch at the Scenic Drive
This is me and Zoe, Shadrach and Enoch at the Scenic Drive.
Cousins! Ali and Zoe posing during the Hike on Empire Bluffs. This picture reminds me of the fact that I kept running out of clothes for Ali. I tired to pack "light." but I didn't realize that the kids would get their clothes wet in the lake all of the time and soon be through all of their clothes in one day. So Ali's out fit this day was just the only thing that was dry.
I love this picture of Greg. I love the boys matching shirts. I love Ali's smile. I love the blue in the background and the sand.
Enoch walking on on the Scenic Drive.
Ali, cousin Zoe, and Shadrach playing on our dock.
Ali and Shadrach playing out by Glen Lake.
Ali collecting rocks at Lake Michigan. I love this because of all the pink. Her pink shoes, undies, and dress was not planned. It just happened and I think she is so cute trying to collect all of the rocks in her dress.
Before we left home. Everyone was really excited. They always forget it is around 8 hours in the car until we get there. I am trying to remember who threw up this year.... I think Ali did on the way back home but that might have been it.
This year Garry, Kathy (Greg's Parents), Uncle Frank, cousin Zoe, and all of our family stayed in the same house. It was a huge, nice house and very expensive compared to other places that we have stayed. It had a huge basement/gameroom in it. The kitchen was a very, very nice retro kitchen. It was fun to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment