Sunday, March 10, 2013

Magic Tree House

I am a daughter of a Librarian which means I don't really buy books.  I borrow them.  Greg comes from a family were they buy tons of books all of the time.  It has been fun to mix the two different traditions. 
Both Ali and Shadrach love the Magic Tree House series.  Ali can read a book rather quickly in one day and it takes Shadrach a few days to finish one.  It makes me so happy to hear them talking to each other about a book they both have read.
I have had some trouble going to the library because Liam runs a muck while we are there.  So Greg fixed the problem.  He bought around 50 magic tree house books on ebay.  These are pictures of the day they came.  Shadrach was so excited.  He set them out on the table in order.  We also bought some Box Car Children books and have high hopes for those books as well.  I am hoping this summer to introduce them to Harry Potter but I am not sure if they are ready.  We might have to wait one more year.  I really want them to enjoy Harry Potter so I am not going to let them read them until I know they can understand everything.
Here's to reading a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment