Tuesday, February 19, 2013

temper temper

We have an almost 2 year old that needs to go to anger management.  BOY!  I remember after I had two kids and thought I knew everything.  I am so sorry for every judgement thought I have ever had about any one with wild or unruly children.  Liam has made me very, very humble.  First, were does all that energy come from?  And second, why does that energy need to destroy things?
 He just has a motor on him that doesn't stop.  HE NEVER STOPS.  I strap him in his high chair every few hours just so I can have a break.  I give him toys to play with at the table, and he has fun playing there too.  HOWEVER, if he wasn't strapped in he would just continue to GO.
 He can become VERY ANGRY VERY EASILY.  and when I say angry I mean, screaming, hitting (himself mostly) and refusing to be near anyone for 2 hours.  Do you know what screaming at the top of your lungs is like for 2 hours?  It really wears you out ( and when I say you I mean me). 
I can't really go out in public any more because he is so uncontrolable.  I never go to the store with him.  And forget the Library.  That has been the saddest part.  We have so few new books to read.  I started taking him to several indoor play grounds because if he get out of control there I can easily just leave and there are already loud kids there.  -Sigh-  I finally felt like maybe we were out of this stage and then he flipped out at a friends house and screamed there for an hour because I told him "No" when he threw his banana on the floor.  The next day though he was very sick.  So I am hoping that maybe he wasn't feeling well and that had something to do with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh molly! I know exactly how you're feeling....CLAIRE!! :) Let's just hope Liam and Claire are never in the same room together....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm so glad you linked your blog on fb - so now I know about it!! Secondly, I am terrified to have more kids... I'm sure each one that joins the family is supposed to stretch you farther than you think you can be stretched - patience, creativity, etc etc etc. Being a mom is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should arrange a book exchange for people sick of the books they have - time to swap! I don't know,... or get them for dirt cheap at a thrift store... ?? I have NO suggestions for dealing with children. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete