Saturday, February 2, 2013

Scientist

 
 Shadrach got a telescope for Christmas.  He also got a microscope, binoculars, magnifying glass, and night vision goggles.  I guess he really like to look at things up close and in the dark.  It took me awhile to figure out how to work it.  I have a lot of experience with microscopes, but I have never adjusted I telescope myself.  It was fun.  So far we have only looked at the moon.  BUT the moon was/is cool.  It was a really good time.

 
 Shadrach is dead set on being a scientist and right now doesn't even entertain other ideas at all.  When we first moved here to Ohio, they had several different activities that you could be in.  I saw that one was Mad Science and put him in it.  I could have put him into the Lego Club or Computer Club almost as easily.  This one sounded more educational, so I picked it.  I thought he would make some new friends and at the same time maybe learn something.  Little did I know it would spark something inside of him.  Now it is science every day, all day long.    That was almost a year ago.







No comments:

Post a Comment