Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Enoch at home

Enoch is a delight to have at home while the older two are at school.  We have so much fun together.  He still has his cranky days but they are getting fewer and fewer, and I have FINALLY found ways to get him out of his funk.  Maybe I will write about those another day.
 I love Enoch's preschool, but I don't think they do nearly enough so I always supplement.  He often doesn't want to do things at first, but as soon as you get him going he enjoys himself for hours.
 Right now hand writing is still very hard.  All of my kids struggle with writing but the boys have even more trouble.  We still do a hand writing page a day though.
 I just started having Enoch read to me about a month ago.  I can't believe how quick he has caught on to it.  I probably should have started earlier then now, but I felt like I did try not to long ago and he wasn't really picking it up ( however that might have been summer time- i can't seem to remember). 
 
 He now knows 33 sight words and is pretty good at sounding words out when they are CVC words.  His emotions still get in the way of some learning time but I feel like we are making great strides. 
 
He needs lots and lots ( and lots) of love.  He needs you to hug and kiss and touch and hug and kiss and touch and hug and tell him you love him and think he is wonderful all of the time.  I don't mind doing it at all, but sometimes I just get going to fast and forget. 
I can't believe that next year he will be in Kindergarten.

2 comments:

  1. Everybody looks happy. Wesley is doing very, very well at his preschool, which is good because he is the youngest child in the class. I know he will do great in kindergarten but I start hyperventilating every time I think about it. Maybe it is because he is my baby. Any advice Molly, would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kindergarten here is only half day so it isn't as bad as you guys. I will still feed him lunch and have him the rest of the afternoon. However, it doesn't seem long ago when you told me you were pregnant too. I remember it well. We were sitting on the couches in my living room. Times flies. No advice. I don't have any beside bring lots of tissues because that is what I will be doing.

      Delete