Friday, May 20, 2011

Enoch/me and me/Heavenly Father

If you don't know Enoch and I are going through a trial right now. He wants to be in charge and so do I. It has been going on for almost a year and a half. At first I just thought it was the terrible two's but now I am starting to fear it has lasted too long for the terrible twos. Every day I ask myself why he does what he does? Why does he refuse to eat at meal time and screams for treats all day? Why won't he go to the bathroom instead of just standing there and scream? Why does he hit people? Why does he demand? Why does he yell? Why does he take his shoes off and throw them and refuse to walk?





Doesn't he know he would be happier if he would just listen to me? Doesn't he know he would be happier if he just obeyed the rules? Why can't he trust me that I know what is best? And then.. i think of Heavenly Father.





How often does Heavenly Father say these very same things about me? How frustrating for Heavenly Father.





Enoch is so stubburn and so full of pride..... and so am I. If I just humbled myself and trust Heavenly Father like I want Enoch to trust me, I would be so much happier. My joy would be that much more.





I am pretty sure this is why Heavenly Father decided to have families and parents. Being a parent teaches you eternal truths that I don't think you could understand without being a parent.





It is hard to trust and believe in something that you don't quite understand. It is hard to have faith and believe. Why do we have to go to church when our kids just jump on us through out the whole thing? Why do bad things happen to people who are already sad? Sometimes you don't understand everything, but you need to believe anyway. You don't need to understand ever single thing. Just believe. Because Heavenly Father knows the BIG picture. Just like I do with Enoch. I know that Enoch needs to eat Healthy food or else his body will suffer. Enoch doesn't understand that, but I do. Heavenly Father understands my life and my struggles. I just need to believe He does.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. This is the best thing I've read all day! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete