Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FHE May 2 2011 Puzzles

So I failed my Goal of having Family Home Evening for over a month I think. :( I really felt very sick the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I just couldn't get myself to pull a FHE together. BUT here is to getting back on track! We had a puzzle party. We had several puzzles that were missing pieces, but I knew some of the pieces were just hiding in other puzzles. So we put together all of our puzzles to find all of the pieces. It was great fun. Everyone liked it. It was Greg's idea. We threw away around 6 puzzles with missing pieces.


Ali is conducting the music. We sang " When we're happy, We're helping". Which is fun because that is the name of my blog:)




Ali enjoying our dessert. Ice cream sandwich cookies.




Shadrach unwrapping his ice cream sandwich cookie. I can always tell how well I feel/ how well I am doing by how often I make homemade cookies. I have made then twice this last week-- which is awesome considering I just had a baby. I only like to make cookies if the house is clean and all my work is done for the day. When I was little I used to always help my mom make chocolate chip cookies. We would make them for my brothers and sister while they were at school. Then they would come home to fresh baked cookies. I was the official test tester. I had the recipe memorized at 4 years old because we made them so much. :) It is a very happy memory I have of my childhood with my mom.




Enoch is crying because he didn't get an ice cream sandwich. He didn't eat one bit of dinner. We told him if he just tried one bit he could have an ice cream cookie sandwich. He refused. Strong willed child.
By the way - our lesson was on Charity. Greg taught it. Shad and Enoch said they would be charitable by sharing their supper hero toys and Ali would show charity by giving me a hug. :)













1 comment:

  1. Sticking to a consequence is one of the hardest things a parent has to do - most fail at it. Way to go for being such a great mom! Sorry, Enoch, but this is a lesson you have hopefully learned - your mom and dad mean what they say!!
    Aunt Lucy

    ReplyDelete