Saturday, September 3, 2011

Glen Lake 2011

So I have been dreading uploading all of these pictures. That is why I haven't blogged in a while, but I finally got it done!!!
It took me a week to pack and I did it "Duggar Style" and it was awesome. I will always pack like that until my kids are older. I think I really got the vacation thing down now. It is a lot of work, but at least I don't freak out about it anymore. It took my about another week to recover mentally and physically from it. I think the kids had fun, so it was all worth it. I think we are making lasting memories.
We went up a day early and stopped about an hour away in an hotel. That went awesome. It made the trip up great! The saddest part though was Dr. Polomski ( he was the man who owned the cabin we rented) died while we were up there. He died Thursday morning. He told me Wednesday night that he was waking up really early to fish with his kids so we wouldn't see him that day. Later we found out he died on the dock right before he got on the boat. He was older at least 85, but it was still sad.
We had a great tip back, but came home to 3 week heat wave in the 90s!!! It was awful. We stopped at Chuck E. Cheese on the way home and when we got out of the car Enoch starting crying and screaming "ouch!" because the air was so HOT out compared to Michigan.













































































































No comments:

Post a Comment