Sunday, June 19, 2011

Good, Better, Best









So.... I know that sometimes I am Crazy Mom. I really want the best for my kids, and I know that sometimes i go over board. My kids have to read a book to me every day, do 20 min of math homework, work on Spanish, dance, listen to a scripture story, practice a primary song, recite the scripture of the week, and do chores ever single day. That is a lot of stuff to do!! Sometimes I wear myself out trying to get it all done PLUS still have fun like swimming lessons and going to the park to play. i know that Greg thinks I am crazy. Sometimes he calls me up on the phone and says "Please don't do anything today so you are not exhausted by the time I get home.


So I am aware enough to know too that there are more important things in life to learn than than school work...... like Charity and Christ like Love. BUT that is SO hard to teach! How am I supposed to teach to be Christ like? I know it is by example. However, I have this small problem that I am so busy teaching my kids Spanish and math problems that I don't have time to love others. That is where that good, better, best comes in. Sure what I am doing is good, but I could be doing better.


So an email came to me about someone who needed dinner because they had been in the hospital. I thought this might be the perfect time to teach some service to my children. It ended up only being Shadrach, but I thought it might be more meaningful if it was just one-on-one too. He helped me make bread and cookies. Then he helped me deliver it. We had a long discussion about how he felt inside and what the Holy Ghost feels like. He is a very spiritual child. I know that making a casserole for someone is very Mormony cliche way of showing charity but it is a start.... Maybe a "better". Soon I will try a "best"

No comments:

Post a Comment