Saturday, January 29, 2011

Enoch

Enoch. What can I say. I love this boy. He has such high highs and such low lows. Today Shadrach had preschool all day instead of his usual 3 hours. Days like that make Enoch a little sad and board because he loves playing with Shadrach. So I decided to do the unthinkable. I took Enoch to McDonald's for lunch. We never go to McDonald's for lunch for several reason but I thought it would be a nice treat for him. And it was. He loved it. We could have stayed all day. He was so excited about the chicken nuggets, french fries, and blue juice. He smiled and laughed the whole time. We sat by a window so he could see all the cars getting on 65 too. I know my boy. He loved to watch all those cars. We had several conversation about how those cars like to eat chicken nuggets too. I would have stayed longer but I wanted to get him down early for nap because I had to pick up Shadrach at 3:00.
After a nap, and waking up it was time to get Shadrach. Enoch did not want to go. And he let everyone know it. He screamed the whole way out the door, in the car, and up the steps to the preschool. I knew I couldn't carry him up the stairs to Shadrach's room while he was throwing a fit like that (I have already fallen down those stairs just walking normally). So I left him. Down in the foyer. By himself. That seemed to make him happy. Maybe he just didn't want to climb the stairs. I know I didn't. He is 2 1/2. And I am tired of his grumps. He has been so much better this last month, but I want more. Heres to hoping he gets better with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment