Thursday, January 6, 2011

Family Home Evening 1/4/2011

I have several goals for 2011. The one at the top of the list is to have better, more organized Family Home Evenings. We have been ok at doing FHE, but we often do it on the "fly." Greg will teach a 1 min. lesson, we will play "Mother May I," and I will make a dessert that didn't take too much for thought. If we ever happen to be doing a fun outing together as a family we say a quick prayer before we go and call it FHE.
I thought by recording our FHE through out the year, it would help me keep accountable of my goal. Here was our first one. ....It could have been better but at least there is room for improvement.
This is Ali eating some Jello and making a commit on Gratitude which was our lesson.
The Finished Project.

Greg loves to go to Good Will on his lunch break. He found this no glue dinosaur kit for 2 dollars.
Reading the instructions.
Ali found all of the Ribs.

Me and EE. This was not Enoch's favorite. It was too slow moving for him. We also have the problem that ALL 3 KIDS get very tired around 6:30 and are often cranky and ready for bed, but I can't put them to bed at 6:30......... or can I?

Shadrach loved this FHE. It was ok for Ali and she ended up choking on some water during it and throwing up. And EE through a fit for most of it. -sigh-


I am planning on make a fun Family Home Evening Chart. I was going to last week but I realized I used all of our laminate on the chore charts. :) So I will do it this week.
Family Home Evening 1/4/11
Dad: Prayer and lesson- Gratitude.
Mom: Dessert- Strawberry Jello
Shadrach: Song - Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
EE: Closing Prayer







No comments:

Post a Comment