Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Home Evening 2/14/2011- YMCA

So we threw planning to the wind for Family Home Evening. Greg bought a Family Membership to the Y on Monday morning. We have been wanting to do it since it opened but I had too much trouble committing that much money to it. (typical) So Greg did it for me. We both thought it would be fun to take the kids swimming for Family Home Evening. Well, fun was one word for it. When they found out that is what we were doing, it was like Christmas and vacation put together and on steroids. They were SO EXCITED! There was tons of screaming and Greg and I thought we were going to lose our minds. It took forever to get everyone dressed and out the door. Here is a picture of Greg trying to find Shadrach's shoes in the shoe bin. It was the only one I took because I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet.
They loved the pool, and it was a work out!! Ali knows how to swim but it has been since summer. It was either 2 on 1 or 1 on 1. Greg and I switched about every 10 min. All three wanted to do their own thing with one of us, so it was busy. Everyone had fun.
Song:A Child's Prayer ( picked by Shadrach- We sang in the car on the way over. Greg and I always "fight" about how to start the song. He starts it too high and I start too low. I started this time and Greg switched octaves half way through and was singing the same notes I was.
Lesson: NONE
Dessert: NONE - There was almost mutiny because there was no treat! It was Valentines day and every child had more than a pound of sugar in them. I thought they didn't need a dessert- BOY WAS I WRONG!! Luckily they were so worn out from swimming that they all passed out as soon as we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment