Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Science Fair- Ali

This is Ali's Board for Science Fair. I had ribbons in her hair and around her dress that matched her board and of coarse the table cloth. Mrs. Zeck would be proud of me. Maybe next year I will make her dress out of the table cloth like she did.
Ali got 2nd place for kindergarten. She was so excited to get a medal. She slept with it on and wore it every second she has been home for the last week.

Each grade had a honorable mention, 2nd, and 1st place. This is everyone. Lots of Ali's friends got honorable mentions or metals. They all went/go to be neighbors day care so we think it has something to do with that. We are going to do an experiment to test our hypotheses.


Ali rubbing the bacteria on the petri dish.

Getting the q-tip full of bacteria to test.

Our computer keyboard was the worst!!

Ali analyzing and recording data. This is my favorite picture.

This is the 3rd time she practiced her speech for the judges. I think she got better later on but i don't have recording of that.

People often complain about the school system not doing enough in this area or the other. This science fair was optional, but I was going to do it. This is one way I can help educate Ali with the school. We had a great time doing it to. We read lots of books on germs and bacteria. Ali kept a journal that she would draw and write in about what she learned from the books and the experiment that we did. I am already excited for next year.


















No comments:

Post a Comment